This work is devoted to the institutionalization of the 2nd Muslim parish in Moscow, which had formed in the north districts of the city by 1894 and further led to the construction of the existing Moscow Cathedral Mosque in 1904-1905, located in Vypolzov lane. This parish had numerous predecessors — places with a large number of Muslims living in mostly Christian environment. The medieval sites include the Derbentskoye area (near the Turgenevskaya metro station), the Palace of the Kasimov princes (Myasnitskaya street), the Yard of the sultan of Khiva (Maroseyka street), etc. More recent sites include the house of the Khoshalov-Izmaylovs (Sretenka street), the house of Saltykov and the house of Baybekov on the Tsvetnoy boulevard.
The work contains archive documents devoted to the life of the 2nd Muslim parish, the opening of the Mosque in the Vypolzov lane, and its first years from the foundations of Moscow, Saint Petersburg and Ufa.
Damir Khayretdinov. The history of the 2nd Muslim parish of Moscow and its predecessors / D. Khayretdinov; edited by M. Mukhetdinov. — Moscow: Medina publishing house, Sadra LLC, 2019. — 212 p.